The following information describes our affiliate commission rates, frequently asked questions (FAQs), and terms and conditions.
We review and moderate all affiliate registrations, and we appreciate your accurate and honest information. Please note that the review process may take a few days – we know you are eager to join our team of affiliates, and we appreciate your patience!
If you’re approved, you’ll be given a unique ID or username that you can use to promote Blogging Theme Styles via referral links.
Custom slug: You can change the referral ID/username to your own custom one. That is called a custom slug and you can find that, after you sign up, in Settings in the Affiliate Area. A custom slug works like this: If you enter “test”, without the quotes, in custom slug, then from now on your referral link will end with “test”, without the quotes, instead of the ID/username.
Direct link tracking: You can choose to use direct link tracking. This lets you take out the ID/username/custom slug that is given to you by our system or the one you entered in custom slug and simply use our domain. If you enable this, it would mean that your users will not know that they are clicking on an affiliate link as they will only see our domain in the URL and the location to where it leads, without the affiliate/referral part.
Check out your private Affiliate Area for further information.
Commissions and payouts (using your referral link)
Single themes: We pay out a 30% commission when a customer purchases a new Blogging Theme Styles theme.
Yearly Theme Membership: We pay out a 5% commission when a customer purchases a Theme Membership (1 year all themes package).
Lifetime Membership: We pay out a 4% commission when a customer purchases a Lifetime Membership.
Some important rules:
- We pay out affiliate commissions in USD via PayPal after the 20th of every month. As we have a money-back guarantee with a refundable period, we only pay commissions that are older than the number of days specified in our refund policy.
- There is no minimum payout balance.
- Affiliates are responsible for paying PayPal’s fee since we send the PayPal payment as the “Paying for an item or service” method, which makes the receiver pay the fee. This activates PayPal’s protection service.
- Renewals, license upgrades, and service purchases (theme installation, development, customization, etc.) do not count as referrals and will not generate a commission.
- The commission amount is subject to change at any time and we will try our best to notify you via email.
- Any affiliate that misrepresents Blogging Theme Styles will be removed from our program. We don’t allow our affiliates to indicate that they are us – this can be either through the affiliate’s own site or pay per click advertising. You can’t take out ads in our name, our URL, or any derivatives thereof. If you want to place per click ads, they should be about WordPress themes in general or one of our theme niches (that’s a better idea).
- Any affiliate who has two or more chargebacks or fraudulent credit card charges will immediately be removed from the program and not paid.
- When writing about Blogging Theme Styles, your content must be honest and transparent.
To become an affiliate for our hosting offering from Ozcart, go to our Ozcart website to sign up as we offer it under that business and affiliate system. You’ll also find our Ozcart shopping cart ecommerce service, that has been operating since 2006, that you can promote as well.
You can also become an affiliate for our hosting offering from Tribulant, which is our other popular business where we sell WordPress plugins and hosting. Additionally, you can become an affiliate there and promote our WordPress plugins.
Referrals older than 7 days and in good standing (i.e. the purchase has not been refunded) will be included with each commission payout (if the commission balance totals $50.00 or over). If a purchase is refunded, a commission won’t be paid out for that referral.
We reserve the right to reject affiliate commissions for any reason. Commission rejections may occur for the following reasons:
- The sale that the referral was based on was refunded
- The method by which the referral was generated was in violation of our promotional policies (see below) or violated the spirit of the Affiliate Agreement.
Affiliate application rejection
We reserve the right to reject affiliate applications for any reason. We also reserve the right to choose whether we provide an explanation or reasoning for affiliate application rejection. Below are just a few reasons why an application may be rejected (this is not an exhaustive list):
- Affiliate applications for websites that sell, advertise or engage in pornography, phishing scams, spamming, illegal business practices or that include any material infringing on National or International Copyright will be rejected.
- Affiliate applications for websites that we do not believe are aligned with our industry or business may be rejected.
- Affiliate applicants with websites that re-sell any of our products will be rejected.
- Websites considered inappropriate by us will be rejected.
The following types of sites are not permitted to become an affiliate: adult sites, sites that display adult material or banners, sites that promote violence, hatred or bigotry, sites that promote or engage in illegal activity, including (but not limited to), hacking, cracking, nulled, and warez sites. Affiliate applications for inappropriate websites will be rejected, and we reserve the right to choose whether or not to provide a rejection reason.
Allowed and super cool promotional methods
How you promote Blogging Theme Styles is reflected in the commission you earn! We encourage the use of promotional methods that add value and bring us legitimate, loyal customers. We love it when our team of affiliates blog about us!.
Here are a few examples of awesome promotional methods to earn more commission:
- Tell clients, customers or friends about Blogging Theme Styles, and give them your affiliate referral link
- Write a review or a blog post about us and link to our site with your referral link
- Reach out to a broad audience with your social network accounts. Tweet about us on Twitter with your affiliate referral link, post about us on Facebook with your affiliate link, or communicate to your LinkedIn followers about affiliate marketing with your affiliate link. Spam-free promotion is a great way to get more referrals!
- Provide value to others by answering related questions on other sites with helpful responses, and using your referral link in your replies.
Prohibited and super uncool promotional methods
- Blogging Theme Styles may not be promoted on coupon sites without specific acknowledgement from us.
- You can’t take out ads in our name, our URL, or any derivatives thereof. If you want to place per click ads, they should be about WordPress themes in general or one of our theme niches.
- Any type of spam is prohibited.
E.g.: Links, ads, emails, comments… or any other type of spam. Please respect the posting rules of any 3rd-party websites you use to promote Blogging Theme Styles.
- Any illegal activity or activity deemed offensive by us is prohibited.
This may result in referrals being rejected and/or your affiliate account being deactivated. See above for allowed promotional methods.
- While we would be flattered, please don’t pretend to be professionally associated with Blogging Theme Styles.
- Pretending to actually be Blogging Theme Styles is prohibited.
Cloning our site, copying our site, using our copyrighted site assets, and pretending that a site created by you is an official Blogging Theme Styles site is unethical and prohibited (this includes using services that automatically clone websites, or place them into iFrames).
- Again, false promotion to customers that you are endorsed or operated by Blogging Theme Styles is prohibited.
If you’re unsure or concerned that some activity you’re about to proceed with may be considered prohibited, please ask us.