There are three ways to obtain this theme:
- From the WordPress website’s theme directory
- From searching within the theme admin area of your website by search “JustBlog“
- Or directly from our website by signing up for a membership that gives access to all Free Themes or download the JustBlog Theme zip file.
With the Free Themes Membership
If you have signed up for the Free Themes Membership, you can log in to the site from “Members” on our main menu.
- If you have not done so already, you will need to log into the Blogging Theme Styles website by going to the “Log in” menu link:
- When you are on the Members login page, use the username and password for your account to gain access.
- You will find yourself on the Support homepage, but to get your theme, go to the “Members” main menu link and click on “Purchases & Licenses” from the dropdown submenu.
- Once you are on that page, click on the “View Details and Downloads” button and then you will be on a new page with the downloadable files under Products.
If You Downloaded from WordPress.org
If you have downloaded the theme zip file directly or from the wordpress.org website, then you can move on to the next step.
Using the Theme Installer in WordPress
To install the theme into WordPress, we will be using the theme installer that is part of WordPress.
- In your admin, go to Appearance >> Themes
- Click on the Add New button at the top of the page, or click on the big square block in the themes page labeled as Add New Theme.
- The theme file you will be installing is the one you downloaded. In this case, it should be named as justblog.zip
- Click on the Install button and once it gets installed, you can activate it.
For free themes that are in the theme directory at wordpress.org, whenever an update comes along, you will get an update notice in your admin area and the ability to update it by clicking on the update link. For professional (commercial) paid themes, this is usually going to be different. Some theme sites offer the same method of updating (if they are using a certain purchase/download plugin) while others will require you do do a manual update — uploading the new theme files using an FTP program. However, there is a way around this which I will save for a separate tutorial.