The best feature for this theme is the fact you can customize the colours using the customizer with a set preset colour group for the default scheme, but also switch to a “Dark” colour scheme. However, if you want to select your own colour, you get one colour selector to make things extremely easy because everything is coded behind the scenes to inherit the colour you choose with varying tints and saturation levels.
- Default – This is the default colour of the theme which includes a tan/brown tone to select elements
- Dark – This is a dark Taupe colour with varying complimentary colours. Dark does not necessarily mean black, so unlike many other themes, we decided to use a dark colour instead.
- Custom – This is going to change the colour to select elements in your page with the colour you choose….more like colour accents.
However, if there is something specific in your theme/page that you want to change a colour to, post your question in the support forum and I will be happy to point you in the right direction, otherwise there are hundreds of online tutorials on using CSS (cascading stylesheets) for customizing colour elements.
Change Your Colour
- Go to Appearance >> Customize >> Colours
- If you want to use the default colour scheme, make sure the box next to “Default” is checked.
- If you want to change the colour preset to your own colour, choose the “Custom” option, at which point a selector will show:
- Use the colour selector to find the colour you want, and all the presets will automatically inherit your choice. NOTE: You can still override any page element with your own colour by using custom CSS coding.
- Click “Save & Publish“