This theme includes a built-in post slider to showcase featured articles. I would recommend perhaps creating a special (optional) blog category for “featured posts” and then when you choose the category for your slideshow, you can select that one. However, adding a slideshow to your front page can definitely add more for your site visitors to enjoy.
You have the option to prepare your slide images before uploading, but with this new slider we’ve added, your image will be cropped for you. However, the benefit of doing it yourself is to ensure you get the image cropped without losing something in the subject matter that you don’t want to lose.
Starting with PostMagazine Pro version 2.0.1, you can now set cropped sizes from:
- minimum = 1160 pixels
- maximum = 2560 pixels
- set in increments of 100 pixels
- Go to Appearance >> Customize >> Slider Options
- To show the slider, look for the “Show Slider” setting and check the box
- Select the size of slide image to crop for
- Choose the blog category where the slider will grab the posts and featured images from.
- Choose how many slides to show from 1 to 5.
- You can also show or hide both types of navigation. The Slider Pagination are the small centered dots found on the bottom of each slide and the Slider Navigation are left and right arrows that show when you hover over a slide:
- Next, you can customize the colours of the slide content that gets displayed on top of the slide. This will include things like the title, the intro, a read more button, and also the navigational elements:
- Click “Save & Publish“
NOTE: The more slides you load, the longer it will take to load your page…due to the image files.