This is a very easy tutorial to help you setup your own copyright name. Please note that this is not a linked name, but simply adds text to the footer copyright line. By default, this is left empty:
Set Your Copyright
- Go to Appearance >> Customize >> Basic Settings
- Find the Copyright field and type in your company or personal name.
- Once done, your footer will look like this example:
- Click “Save & Publish” at the top.
Remove the Powered by WordPress
Some people like having this to show they are using WordPress for their website, but others may not want it. You can see an example of this in the previous screenshot above. There is a setting to disable this.
- Go to Appearance >> Customize >> Theme Options
- Look for the “Show Powered By WordPress” setting and uncheck the box
- Click “Save & Publish” at the top of the customizer