We have made some changes to how you download, install, and even update your theme. You will have a few steps to make, so we will take you through each one below.
Download Your Theme
After you purchased your theme and logged into this website, you will go to the main menu >> Members >> Purchase History
Once you are on the Purchase History page, click on the “View Details and Downloads” button.
From here, you will see a green button that is labeled with the theme you purchased. If you bought more than one or purchased a full theme membership, you will see at least one theme here. We will use the Moderne Pro theme as an example here, although for the theme you purchased, that name will be displayed:
Add a License Key and Add a Website(s)
Themes now require a license key which gives you the ability to receive update notices for your theme, but most importantly, a license key gives you a 1-click theme update. So when a theme has an update, you will get a notice in your dashboard with a clickable link to update your theme from within the dashboard; like when you get updates for plugins and themes from the wordpress.org website.
To make this work, you need to enter in your license key, but you will also need to add a website (where this theme is to be installed). Your theme purchase gives you up to 5 license keys and websites which gives you theme updates for each one. However, you can still use the theme on more websites as you wish, but they won’t have updates — we might consider adding the option to purchase additional licenses (contact us).
- To add a key, you will need to go to the main menu >> Members >> Purchase History
- Click on the text link “View Licenses” and then click on “Manage Websites“
- Copy the License Key (the long string of red characters)
- After copying the license key, go to your website dashboard, go to Appearance >> License Key. Paste the key you copied into the field and “Save”
- Come back to the Blogging Theme Styles website and then while on the “Manage Websites” page, enter in your full URL where the theme is being used.
- Click on the “Add Site” button. You can use this theme on as many websites as you want, but you get up to 5 websites that gives you theme updates.
With this system, you can now receive notifications with 1-click updates. For example, if you get an update notice in your dashboard, it might look something like this:
If you look at your themes screen, you may see something like this…we will use the Twenty Seventeen theme as an example:
You just need to click on the “Update Now” text link for the theme you purchased and then you’re all done!
IMPORTANT – I would recommend you make a website backup first before updating themes, plugins, but especially WordPress. Always best to play safe!