With dropshipping being one of the easiest ways for a new entrepreneur to get started in ecommerce, and with Amazon being the largest retailer in the world, it makes sense that one would want to combine the two for a nice and easy, streamlined process
What does the Amazon dropshipping process look like?
- You list an item for sale on Amazon.
- A customer purchases your item from Amazon.
- Once the customer pays, you then use those funds to purchase the actual product from the supplier and give them your customer’s address.
- The supplier ships the product(s) directly to your customer.
Print On Demand Amazon Dropshipping
One of the most popular (and profitable!) forms of dropshipping on Amazon for 2020 is the on-demand printing business. You create a design (or pay a freelancer to make you on) and are able to upload it to a print on demand shop that can put your design on t-shirts, mugs, blankets, a frisbee.. literally anything you can think of.
You can list these items on Amazon and whenever a customer purchases it from your Amazon store, you log into your on-demand printing account, select the design the customer purchased, select which medium you wanted it printed on and, if it’s something like clothing, enter the size(s) requested.
The supplier then custom prints your order (even if it’s just one item!) This is a great way for those to get into the t-shirt dropshipping business without the need to purchase in bulk for a supplier. Some of the best print on demand suppliers are Threadless, Zazzle, and SaleSource.
AliExpress Dropshipping On Amazon
A LOT, and we mean A LOT of the items for sale on Amazon come from suppliers that can typically be found on AliExpress. The process is no different than dropshipping using a Shopify store and Oberlo.
You first source out a product. Look for items that seem to be growing in popularity, or items that are in high demand. Search for this item on Amazon and see if there’s much competition. If there’s an item that’s in high demand but 15,000 other Amazon sellers are selling it, you probably don’t want to waste your time. However, if you find an item and only 85 other sellers are offering it, it might be worth it to give them a little competition.
Just like with the above on-demand printing example, you create your listing, wait for a customer to buy something, and once their funds have cleared you go to your AliExpress supplier and have them ship it out under your name.
Why Amazon Is Great For Dropshipping
- Low Startup Costs – It’s super inexpensive to get started. And since you’re not handling your own inventory, the costs are reduced even more.
- Extremely Reliable – Amazon is one of the biggest companies that have ever existed on this planet. One reason they’re so big is because of how reliable they are.
- They Allow Dropshipping! – As long as you follow the Amazon Dropshipping Guidelines (most of which are fairly straight forward and common sense) then you can dropship on Amazon with no issues at all.