With this theme, you get a social menu location if you decide to use it. When you create your social icon menu, it will show up in two places at the same time, one at the top right of your web page and the other in the footer.
Top Social Links
Bottom Social Links
Setting this up is very easy because we just need to create a menu and add custom links to it.
- Go to Appearance > Menus
- Click on “Create a new menu” to create a new menu and name it something like Social Menu.
- Click on the “Create Menu” button
- Using the “Custom Links” panel to the left, we can now start adding our social profiles.
- For the URL field, enter in the full path to your page. We can use our twitter as an example: https://twitter.com/blogging_themes
- The Label field would then be: Twitter
- Click “Add to Menu”
- Repeat steps 4, 5, and 6 for additional social profiles you want to add.
- When you are done adding the menu items, click “Save Menu“
Assign the Menu to the Social Menu Location:
This will depend on the theme you are using because every theme will use their own menu locations that are made available to you. You are also not limited to just the menu locations that comes with your theme, you can also create additional menus to use in widgets.
- Scroll down to the bottom where it says “Theme Settings” and tick the menu location checkbox next to “Social Menu”.
- Click on “Save Menu”
IMPORTANT Please note that this is a special menu location that is pre-styled for your social profile menu only and has just 1-level (no submenu capability).